How to Upgrade ShockWave 3 to 5.1.1
Here, you can find firmware and support files and instructions for upgrading ShockWave 3 sound modules to release 5.1.1.
February 17, 2021
New Airbus A380 sound set now available bringing our total airplane sound sets to 119.
January 26, 2021
New 5.1.1 release of ShockWave 3 firmware and Software. Exciting new features - Afterburner light controller + automatic sync. with Afterburner sound and much more.
January 06, 2021
New Aero Vodochody L39 Albatros Jet Trainer sound set now available bringing our total airplane sound sets to 118.
January 01, 2021
New Article - Integrating Afterburner Light Sets with ShockWave 3.
August 01, 2020
USB SD/microSD card reader now included with ShockWave 3 sound module
and all ShockWave 3 sound systems.
Upgrading ShockWave 3 to 5.1.1
The release 5.1.1 of firmware and software for the ShockWave 3 sound module is a significant major release. This involves more than simply re-flashing the firmware as additional support files are also required. The steps required are:
- Remove the microSD card from the ShockWave 3 sound module and insert it into a card reader on your PC.
- Download the required upgrade support package to your PC hard drive from here: ShockWave 3 Firmware and Support Files (75MBytes) ZIP file.
- Unzip that file by opening it in Windows Explorer to extract all the files and folders inside it.
Copy all those files and folders to the root folder of the microSD card.
Allow any existing files to be overwritten.
- Re-insert the microSD card into the ShockWave 3 sound module.
- Re-flash the firmware to the ShockWave 3 sound module by following the instructions here: Click here for instructions for upgrading your ShockWave 3 firmware using the microSD card Bootloader.
- If you have previously purchased our ShockWave 3 PC Windows software, you will also need to upgrade that to version 5.1.1. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to ShockWave 3 PC 5.1.1.
If you want to use the new "Remote Scroll Through Mode" feature which relies on self announcement sound clips
in each and every .sfx8 sound set file, then please contact us at email@example.com.
We will then make a subset of the .sfx8 sound set files you really need available for download
from a file sharing service.